Happy Friday All!
I am happy to say that I’ve got coffee in my hands and leggings beneath these pants to stay warm today! I believe that my fellow Midwesterners and I have started to embrace that fact that Winter is here… it’s early but it’s not going anywhere so we’d better get over it quick!
This past week has been an amazing one.
- I graduated from my Associations “Emerging Leaders Institute” last week at our regional conference. For the past year I have been flown around the country to leadership trainings in Chicago, Washington, DC, and Minneapolis, MN. I got the opportunity to Advocate for students on “The Hill” while strengthening my leadership abilities, and building a network of supporters across the Midwest.
- As I said in my opening statement, Its cold here in Iowa and across the Midwest! I thought this ecard was a nice little take on how to deal with the cold
- I was selected by one of my students to attend their induction into the National Honor Society as a “Mentor of Character” this past week. Humbled… above and beyond. I am always proud to see my students achieve great things. There is hope is this next generation of leaders.
- I put some final touches on my kitchen. You can see them in the post here.
- I joined a 5 day challenge called “Praying Boldly for Your Marriage”. I always feel like when people first see that I post, re-tweet, or share something pertaining to marriage that they may have a thought that my marriage is on the rocks. With social media I feel like everyone paints a false picture of life to be rainbows and butterflies. My marriage is strong and we are happy but praying can help it continue to grow and strengthen. Whether you are religious or not I believe we can all relate to this statement below.
“Being married is incredibly difficult. Being married is amazing. Being married can seem impossibly hard. Being married can seem incredibly beautiful. There is no other person who can frustrate me the way my husband can. There is no other person who can make me feel as loved as my husband can.”
Have a great weekend! Stay Warm!